Ebenezer Primitive Methodist Chapel
Ebenezer Chapel opened in 1851 and designed by J. P. Pritchett. The chapel replaced the Grape Lane Primitive Methodist Chapel, which was sold.
The chapel on Little Stonegate was the principal chapel within the York Circuit of the Primitive Methodist Connexion until 1883 when the Circuit split into two and it became the principal chapel of the First Circuit, renamed the Monkgate Circuit after 1903.
By the late 19th century the congregation had begun to outgrow the building and the chapel was consequently sold in 1901 and a new Primitive Methodist Chapel was opened in Monkgate in 1903.