High Petergate. No. 24-36 & No. 1 Precentor's Court
From Historic England listing:
Terrace of 7 houses, originally including a coffee house; now including public house and cafe. 1838, incorporating early C18 house at each end (No.24 High Petergate and No.1 Precentor's Court); coffee house converted to public house c1855; other later alterations, and C20 shopfront to Nos 30 and 32. By J. P. Pritchett.
From 'Houses: Petergate', in An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in City of York, Volume 5, Central (London, 1981), pp. 180-199. British History Online http://www.british-history.ac.uk/rchme/york/vol5/pp180-199 [accessed 21 January 2021].:
Houses, Nos. 24–36 (even), and No. 1 Precentor's Court, forming a group of seven on a fan-shaped plan, were designed by J. P. Pritchett in 1838 (plans in YML) and incorporated an early 18th-century house at each end; the design included a public house, now the York Arms, No. 26, and a shop. Pritchett's work involved the demolition of the old Peter Prison and the mediaeval Minster Gate. The houses are of three storeys and cellars; No. 24 is lower than the later houses. Nos. 26–36 and the side of No. 1 Precentor's Court facing the Minster are all faced in uniform 19th-century brickwork. The front to Precentor's Court retains the original thinner bricks of the 18th-century elevation and has flush-framed windows under gauged brick heads, and a moulded door surround, but a later modillioned eaves cornice. There are late 18th-century staircases in the two earlier houses and also, reused, in part of No. 26 and in No. 32 High Petergate.