Bingley Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
This record is not yet complete. We plan to visit this site in the near future and will update this record once our research is complete.
The church had a gothic north west tower and spire. Built in 1874 by J P Pritchett (son) of Darlington. The foundation stone for the former building was laid on 4 November 1871 and the official opening was on 23 September 1874.
However, the large building was proving to be very expensive to maintain so the decision was taken to demolish the existing church and build a new one. The plans for the new church building were finally approved by Bradford Council's planners on 19 July 2001. Demolition of the building commenced in March 2002 and the site had been levelled by the following June.