Bootham Park Hospital
County Lunatic Asylum. Built in 1773-77 by John Carr of York; with separate building c1788-96. Pritchett & Watson designed the long north-east range.
From Historic England listing:
The long north-east range was built for female patients in 1817 to designs by the York-based architects Charles Watson and James Pigott Pritchett. The upper floors were carried on a fire-proof construction of arched brickwork spanning between iron beams. The original front building was then used only for male patients.