Elland Congregational Chapel
This record is not yet complete. We plan to visit this site in the near future and will update this record once our research is complete.
From Stell, C. (1994) Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England : an Inventory of Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting-houses in the North of England. London: H.M.S.O:
A school building in Tudor style by Joseph James was erected in 1853 principally at the expense of Joseph Crossley. It was also used for Sunday services and a church was formed here in 1867. A new chapel on an adjacent site in the gothic style with a corner tower and spire by J. P . Pritchett (most likely Pritchett & Son) built between 1872-74.
Demolished c. 1975.