Weaste Cemetery, Salford
'The layout of the cemetery survives substantially intact, but all associated structures apart from the lodge (Pritchett, 1856) have been lost.'
From Historic England listing:
'Some 8.5ha of the New Barnes Estate at Mode Wheel was purchased by the Corporation from General Sir John Scoyell and James Collier Harter for the sum of £7928 18s (ibid). Contractors for forming the ground were Lowe and Brown, and for the buildings, Ellis and Hinchcliffe. The latter's tender for three chapels and a lodge, to designs by architects Pritchett and Sons, was £1904 (The Builder, 17 May 1856). Some 4.4ha were allocated to the Church of England, c 2.4ha to Dissenters, and c 1.6ha to Roman Catholics. The top stone of the spire of the Church of England chapel was set by architect J P Pritchett in November 1856 (The Builder, 15 November 1856). The cost of the cemetery, known as Salford Cemetery, was just over £17,960 and it was opened without any formal ceremony on 1 September 1857 (Salford Reporter, 19 May 1888).'