St. Nicholas' Church


Church Street, Norton, Malton, North Yorkshire

Built in 1815 to the designs of Pritchett & Watson, St. Nicholas' church replaced a medieval church on this site. St. Nicholas' was demolished in 1901, the parish church of St. Peter in Norton having been newly enlarged to serve the needs of a growing parish.

We are grateful to Dr Christopher Webster for bringing St. Nicholas' church to our attention and to Woodhams Stone Collection for kindly providing images from their photographic archive.


  • St. Nicholas Malton (Courtesy Woodhams Stone Collection)
    Image: St. Nicholas Malton (Courtesy Woodhams Stone Collection)