Built under the direction of architect William Wilkins, the neo-classical Yorkshire Museum was built for the Yorkshire Philosophical Society and completed in 1830. Pritchett was employed to install the interior appointments.
Celebrating the grand opening of the museum, the York Herald reported on 6th February 1830 that "...preparations are made for lighting the whole with gas. A considerable apart of the finishings have been under the gratuitous direction of Mr. Pritchett". In the same article, Pritchett was recorded as having been elected to membership of the council of the Yorkshire Philosophical Society".